Friday, April 5, 2013

"Bless the Lord Oh My Soul" Friday in Haiti

This morning our team went to two water stops in Cite soleil to deliver water. The children swarmed the top top with expectation in their sparkling little eyes: expectation of a cold bucket bath, relief from the heat, and a pair of "blanc" arms to embrace them with love. And we, with no persuasion needed, happily responded to their outstretched arms and loved them, because Jesus first loved us... and because the children are simply irresistable.
At the water truck filling station, one specific child just blew my mind. As we played games and laughed, I wanted so much to talk to her and understand her life. Through a translator I got to talk to her and find that she goes to church and loves Jesus. I asked if there was anything I could pray for her for. Out of everything she could have asked for like water, food, clothes, she stunned me with her response: "Pray that people here and people in America would go to church every Sunday, and pray for my parents and brothers and sisters everywhere."
Wow! Be encouraged, a nine year old Haitian girl is praying for you, and me, and believers everywhere! I stood there completely delighted by my little sister's faith! No wonder "God delights in every detail of the lives of the Godly."
After lunch, we went to the home for sick and dying babies. Our team took such joy holding the babies, playing on the playground with the toddlers, and being the hands and feet of Jesus. We found it very difficult to leave this specific place, but we walked away knowing that although many of the kids are orphaned, their Father who loves them more than we ever could, is with them til the end of the age.

No comments:

Post a Comment